What Does A Logistics Operations Manager Do – And Can They Help Your eCommerce Business?
Managing an eCommerce business operation is a tremendous undertaking.
To keep a business afloat, an online brand needs to track inventory, manage fulfillment and shipping operations, oversee products reaching their destination, and optimize different eCommerce supply chain stages.
That’s why an Ecommerce Operations Manager plays a critical role in the success of a direct-to-consumer (DTC) brand.
To better understand the eCommerce business, this article provides an in-depth look into the responsibilities of an Ecommerce Operations Manager, the job implications, and tips for success.
Our Operations Manager and Head of Back-office, Jelena Radmanovic, will answer a few leading questions about her role.
- Which parts of working in e-commerce do you enjoy the most, and which parts do you find the most challenging?
The most enjoyable part of working in EC is versatility – in clients, products, and services. There’s nothing dull or passive in e-commerce. Every new day is equally exciting and challenging. Part of e-commerce that I enjoy least is how unpredictable it can be. Many external factors we can’t control or influence can change the course of business more quickly than in other industries.
2. From Your Experience, Which Is the Best Way of Maintaining Positive Customer Experience Throughout an Ecommerce Business Model?
Honesty! For sure. Always be straightforward with your client. If you are being sincere, every problem will be solved faster and with less pain. Provide realistic expectations, and don’t promise fairytales you can’t finalize just to gain a client. You will lose that client as soon as he realizes what you promised can’t be accomplished.
3. How do You Analyze the Performance of Your Logistics Team?
Points I pay attention to are: how fast and successful problems were solved, the client’s satisfaction level, and the cost-benefit ratio.
4. In Your Opinion, what is The Most Important Thing in an order fulfillment organization?
Explicit allocation of duties and responsibilities.
5. In Your Opinion, What Is The Future of eCommerce?
It will definitely be Sustainability, recycling, artificial intelligence, and cryptocurrency.
6. Describe a typical day at work.
There’s hardly anything typical when you work in eCommerce. Every day is a new adventure. 😊